The content of this page is relevant to all users of our web site. The main objective is to inform all visitors that cookies are employed on our site. This page is also intended to supply instructional explanations relating to the purpose and usage of cookies.
During the course of your visit to our web site, information regarding browsing on your terminal (Smartphone, tablet, computer, etc.) is likely to be saved in the "Cookies" files that are installed on your terminal. In order to better understand the purposes and usage of these cookies, we would ask you to familiarise yourself with the mentions listed below.
What is a cookie?
The Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) defines a cookie as a piece of information deployed onto the user’s hard drive by the server of the site he/she is visiting. It contains a variety of data: the name of the server that deployed it, an identification code in the form of a unique number, the date of expiration. This information is sometimes stored on the computer within a simple text file, which a server can access in order to read and register the information therein.
What is the purpose of a cookie?
Cookies may fulfil different purposes depending on their nature: their objectives can greatly vary. The nature of the cookie defines the impact it will have on your privacy. Two major categories of cookie can be identified:
- Cookies that have the exclusive purpose of allowing or facilitating communication by electronic means or those that are deemed strictly necessary for supplying a communication service that you have expressly requested. These cookies can legally be deployed without your prior consent as they are not deemed to pose a threat to your privacy. Their main objective is to allow you to use all the functionalities of our web site.
- Other cookies whose ultimate purpose may vary greatly: advertising metrics, sharing on social media, etc. These cookies are only deployed onto your terminal subject to your prior consent.
What cookies are used on our web site?
Our web site uses different types of cookies, which are described below. The cookies are grouped by objective type in order to allow you to understand their usage.
1) Strictly necessary cookies:
These cookies have 2 main purposes:
- to allow or to facilitate communication by electronic means;
- they are essential to the provision of an on-line communication service that is expressly requested by the user.
These cookies are essential to the effective functionality of our web site. They allow us to offer you essential services, such as access to your client area or the efficient function of you shopping basket.
2) Functionality cookies
These cookies are not essential to the smooth running of the main services of our web site. Moreover, their primary role is to provide you with improved services, such as the personalisation of your content, for example.
Our web site employs this type of cookie in order to store your browsing preferences on the mobile or traditional web site, to store the language that you have previously selected or even to remember your preferred display settings.
3) Analytics cookies
Our analytics cookies fulfil different roles and allow us, most notably, to measure the traffic on our web site, the pages that have been most visited, as well as tracking the origin of our visitors. These cookies have the principal objective of allowing us to improve our content in order to make it as relevant as possible to our visitors.
In the course of obtaining these statistics, the visitor’s IP address is collected in order to determine the city from where the visitor has connected.
At the present time, we employ the Google Analytics system and our cookies are linked to this tool.
4) Social sharing cookies
Our sharing cookies allow you to share our content across the main social media networks whenever this functionality is present on the pages of our web site. When you use these buttons, a third party cookie is installed by the relevant social media network: we invite you to refer to the specific privacy policies adopted by each of the social media networks in order to find out more about these cookies.
If you are connected to the social media network whilst browsing our web site, the sharing buttons allow you to forward the content you are viewing via your own user account.
1) The setup of your web browser
You are able to set the parameters of your cookies directly via your internet browser. All subsequent web sites that you visit will be affected by these changes.
For Internet Explorer:
- open your desktop, push or click on the Internet Explorer icon in your toolbar;
- push or click on the Tools button, then push or click on the Internet Options button;
- push or click on the Privacy tab, then on Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies, then push or click on OK.
More information is available at http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
For Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu button on the browser toolbar;
- Select Settings;
- Click Show advanced settings;
- In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button;
- In the "Cookies" section, you can amend the settings for your cookies and, most notably, block them, delete them, etc.
More information is available at https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=fr&hlrm=en
For Mozilla Firefox:
- select the Tools menu, and select Options;
- select the Privacy tab;
- Check mark Accept Cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them
More information is available at https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies?redirectlocale=fr&redirectslug=Activer+et+d%C3%A9sactiver+les+cookies
- Go to Options > Advanced > Cookies;
- Cookie options will allow you to control how Opera manages cookies. The default setting is to accept all cookies. Select one of the settings in accordance with your preferences:
- Accept cookies : all cookies will be accepted (default)
- Accept only cookies for the site visited : third party cookies, cookies from an external domain to the one visited will be refused.
- Never accept cookies : all cookies will be refused.
More information is available at http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
2) Use of the web site Youronlinechoices
Digital advertising professionals regrouped under the EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) offer a web site that is accessible to all internet users and which allows these users to manage targeted advertising cookies by accepting or refusing them. It is therefore possible to control and define your preferences in relation to advertising cookies. Hundreds of companies have signed up to this initiative. The web site also explains cookies in a comprehensive manner.
More information is available at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/
For further details…
It is possible for you to find more information relating to cookies on the web site of the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL). The CNIL offers practical instructional information that is aimed at internet users.
More information is available at http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/